Monday, September 1, 2008

Quilting



One of my favorite hobbies is quilting. I have never considered myself much of an artist, but I do enjoy the calming effect of working with my hands and it is so easy to make a quilt look good--especially if the sweet ladies at the quilt store help you pick out your colors :)






This is the largest quilt I have made--about 6.5 ft x 6.5 ft, and will fit nicely on my queen bed when I am done! I did all the piece work on my machine, but I much prefer to do the quilting by hand.





This part of the project will take me a couple of months--

1 comment:

mia said...

wow, you actually managed to finish the whole quilt? thats incredible! by hand to! that takes a lot of patience, i for one dont have enough to sew a tear in a purse. the colours are nice to, i love deep rich colours.